A home is the most important investment you might ever make and it’s important to maintain it in top-class condition. So it is natural to want to paint the interior of your house to keep up with the times.
Painting a home can be a laborious process and people usually prefer to outsource the work. Nowadays however, the trend has changed with more and more people taking up the challenge of beautifying their home with their favorite colors.
Remember – it is very important to arrive at a budget that will meet your desired outcome and can be purchased at reasonable prices.
Which Paint to Choose?
- Decide on type of paint: The idea of painting your home may look good on paper but in reality there are many things that need planned and prepared before embarking on a project. The first thing a person needs to decide is the type of paint.
- Conduct a survey: Each variety of paint available in the market has its advantages, so it is always better to do a complete survey before deciding which paint suits your wall best.
Get the House Ready
- Check for leaks: In the pre-painting phase, you must check the surfaces for dampness or water leakage. If there is a leakage problem, you must repair it immediately.
- Fill up cracks: All the loose plaster must be removed from the wall and cracks and broken plaster need to be filled up before starting work.
- Prepare wall surface: The next step is to prepare the surface for painting by scraping the wall with sandpaper to remove loose particles, dust and grease.
The Actual Painting Process
- Apply primer: The painting process begins with the application of good-quality primer, which seals the wall surface and allows the paint to settle in nicely. This can easily be done with a handheld airless paint sprayer.
- Prepare for paint: The next step is to fill up, plug in and attach the tip to your airless paint sprayer. Be sure to read the directions for your sprayer first, but be mindful, this is rather simple to figure out.
- Use paint sprayer: The paint sprayer will beautifully color the interior or exterior of your dream home. It is available in different models, such as an electric airless paint sprayer, gas paint sprayer and handheld electric paint sprayer, among others.
Painting your dream home may look like a tough and long, drawn-out process, but by following the mentioned tips, the entire exercise can be turned into an enjoyable and fruitful one. To learn more about which paint sprayer to choose, read this airless paint sprayer blog post. And if you are interested in buying or renting one, please contact us. Or reach out if you have additional questions or would like advice!
About the Author
Heidi Hudnall is the current Marketing Coordinator at Runyon Companies. She graduated from Butler University in the spring with a double major in International Business and Marketing, a minor in Spanish, departmental honors distinction and cum laude. She specializes in all things internet marketing, with an emphasis on content creation, website maintenance, blogging, social media, lead tracking and marketing strategy.