Cleaning the backyard makes for a good workout, and saves you the considerable expense of getting it done by professional cleaners. With a good hedge shear trimmer at hand, you can easily carry out this task as a DIY project.
- Clipping shrubs and back bushes, and pruning perennials
- Cutting grass and ground cover
- Cleaning benches, walkways, garage floors, doors and other objects in the backyard
- The major tool required is the hedge trimmer. Hedge trimmers come in different variants, and different variants offer different levels of performance and dependability. While the basic models simply do the task, high-end models incorporate features such as ergonomic handles, anti-vibration technology and precision-ground blades to deliver better output and make work easy and comfortable. You can either buy the equipment or rent it out depending on your requirement.
- Other tools such as a chainsaw, tree shears and leaf blowers may be required, depending on the landscape and the extent of cleaning required.
Cleaning the backyard is best undertaken methodically, in the following broad steps:
- Remove large pieces of waste and debris, such as rocks, big boulders, and fallen down branches.
- Cut off any small overhanging branches using tree shears. Cut off any big branches or the trees itself, if required, using a chainsaw.
- Trim overgrown shrubs, back bushes, and perennials using the hedge trimmer.
- Use the hedge trimmer to trim and keep the hedge in shape. Gas hedge trimmers score over electric and battery powered ones for detailed and intricate landscaping works. These trimmers are also cordless, facilitating easy movement.
- Mow the lawn. Use a weed eater to trim the edges around the base of trees and shrubs
- Use a leaf blower to gather dead leaves into a pile, and either burn them or put them in a compost pit.
The right hedge trimmer, and an understanding of the process of clearing your backyard, will have you snipping away at your backyard easily and confidently.
About the Author
Tempe Thompson is a sales and inventory expert at Runyon Equipment Rental. She has over 35 years of experience and has accumulated a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise. She could talk for hours about how to use all of Runyon’s tools and equipment, in addition to suggesting which type corresponds to a certain application.