Boom lifts, also known as cherry pickers, help you reach heights easily. It’s articulating boom arms and extendable baskets allow a person to access normally out of reach work areas and also work in safety and comfort with their entire range of tools on hand.
Boom lifts are common equipment that serve multiple purposes. Below are some examples of how our customers use them:
- Lifting workers to pick fruits from tall trees
- Building maintenance workers use boom lifts for painting, cleaning windows and carrying out façade work in higher floors
- Utility workers use boom lifts to service and repair telephones and electrical cables
- Miners and workers in underground locations use boom lifts to descend to the ground and work in potentially unsafe locations
- Boom lifts are in many places the only way to access high-standing billboards
- Boom lifts are the best option to transport materials to elevated places from a distance
Most boom lifts are battery powered by hydraulic mechanism. The operator has the controls to move and adjust the height of the telescoping arm, as required. The operator in the bucket can control to adjust the position of the bucket. Automatic safety controls prevent tipping over.
Boom lifts makes for a more versatile alternative to scissor lifts for many jobs. Unlike the latter, it is possible to maneuver it both horizontally and vertically, in a wide range. Using the boom lift, workers operating from a restricted base can reach out to elevated positions a distance away from the base as well. Boom lifts also have strong stabilizer legs, making them more stable. When you expect to have to scale heights or drop down several feet, make sure you have a boom lift ready for use, so you can accomplish your task easily and efficiently.
Renting a boom lift offers significant cost-savings. You pay only for what you use. You do not have to use a significant amount of your capital on machinery. You are spared the hassle of storing and maintaining and also get to select the latest and the most relevant machine, rather than having to make do with a single machine that may not suit your purpose.
About the Author
Jack Runyon is the president of Runyon Equipment Rental. He has 21 years of rental experience, as the 3rd generation son to carry on the family tradition and his grandfather’s vision. He prides the company for its devotion to ethics, quality products and customer service. Jack is known for his passion and vast expertise.